Sunday, May 8, 2011

May 8

Hi Again,

Alan is better today. He felt up to going to church this morning. The switch to liquids (and small quantities of those) has helped with the nausea. He also slept well last night which helps everything. We spent a lot of time yesterday cleaning our bedroom and raising the head end of the bed and he feels that helped him to sleep better. We probably should have done it years ago since he suffers from acid reflux. I am referring to raising the bed, not the cleaning. We have done that occasionally in the past!

At church I ran into Michelle Johnson. She lost her husband about 8 months ago. It turns out his cause of death was a retro peritoneal bleed. He had been sick for several months, and was on Coumadin, so there was a little more of an explanation for it, but I still was stunned to hear his death certificate lists that as the cause.
We are so fortunate Alan's bleeding stopped on it's own. He didn't even require a transfusion, although he was close to it. It is such a rare condition and yet it afflicted two people from the same congregation less that a year apart.

My mom is bringing us dinner today for Mother's Day. My dad is on soft foods after having a tooth extracted two days ago and Alan is eating nothing, so I think Mom and I should have just gone out to dinner! I'm just glad to have my mother and my husband. That is all the Mother's Day I need, but as a bonus, Eric did cook breakfast for me.

Thanks again for the calls and cards and emails. Alan really does appreciate them.

No comments:

Post a Comment